[Back to AESDirect News Home]
AESPcLink Version 3.0 Now Available
AESPcLink Version 3.0 is now available. Existing AESDirect users who use AESPcLink should upgrade to this version by using the "Update PcLink Software" function on the Tools menu in AESPcLink
If you are not currently using AESPcLink, you can download a copy from the AESDirect Website, or request a copy on CD. Please note that only registered AESDirect users can download AESPcLink, and downloading is not recomended for anyone using a dial-up Internet connection due to the size of the download.
This upgrade will also be accompanied by an upgrade of several AESPcLink tables. All AESPcLink should update their table by using the "AES Codes Tables" function on the Tools menu in AESPcLink.
AESPcLink Version 3.0 contains the following enhancements and new features:
- Spanish Language Support: Version 3.0 offers Spanish language support. On installation you will be offered the choice of English or Spanish language support. You may at any time change the language supported by clicking on the Tools menu and choosing "Change Language". This option will change the language supported the next time PcLink is started. The user will be given the option of re-starting immediately from within this feature.
- Related/Non Related Flag: The Related/Non Related Flag no longer offer a default value.
- New License Code: License Code S94 (Foreign Military Sales) has been added.
- Booking Number Field: The Booking Number field has been renamed to Transportation Reference Number. In addition "Unknown" will no longer be an acceptable entry in this field.
- The Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) Field: The FTZ field has been added and made a conditional field. If an FTZ is associated with a shipment the FTZ code must be entered.
- Commodity Code and Unit of Measure: When a commodity code is keyed in (instead of using the look-up feature) the Unit of Measure data field(s) will be automatically filled in upon exit from the commodity code field. Previously this only happened when the look-up feature was used to select the commodity code.
- AESDirect Service Password Correction: Whenever a user attempts to access the AESDirect Service, and the password entered at login is not valid, the user will have the ability to renter the password and continue. Previously the user would have been required to exit AESPcLink and re-start.
- Consignee Profile Changes: Contact and Phone Number fields have been added to the Intermediate and Ultimate Consignee sections. These are optional fields.
- Retrieve Shipment: When retrieving or deleting a shipment the USPPI code and the Shipment Reference Number are now displayed in red. This correctly indicates that these two fields are mandatory.
- Templates: When a Template is saved the Transportation Reference Number (formerly Booking Number) is no longer be saved as part of the Template.